[mythtv-users] Possible new features for Mythgallery

Tako Schotanus quintesse at palacio-cristal.com
Wed Jun 11 17:12:46 EDT 2003

This might already be in there so forgive me if it's not, but it would
be usefull to support either:

a) embedded thumbnails.

I'll use the F-word now: Freevo does this and it speeds op the display
of thumnail images enormously.

b) store imagelist in the database like MythMusic and MythVideo are
doing

It would be even more usefull if the thumbnails are stored in the
database as well.
At this moment MythGallery is next to useless for my collection of over
4000 digital photos because the latest 2000 or so are from a 6Mpixel
camera and it takes too much time to display the thumbnails to be
usefull.

Like I said, some of this might already be there, but the net effect is
that for me its too slow, so anything that would really speed up the
thumbnail/image showing would be a big improvement!

Cheers,
 -Tako

PS: On a sorta related but far less important note: wouldn't it be nice
if the GUIs would be more similar? I kinda like the way MythMusic shows
it stuff and even the tree view for its playlist would be preferrable
over the current "explorer"-like view for the image gallery IMHO.

Now to convince people to make MythMusic and MythVideo more similar as
well *hint* *hint* ;-)

And let's get rid of the Setup buttons from the main parts of every GUI
as well, I don't want others who don't understand what they're doing
messing with my settings.