[mythtv-users] How do you set it up in SuSE

Philippe C. Cattin cattin at vision.ee.ethz.ch
Wed Jun 11 10:49:15 EDT 2003

In my opinion SuSE8.2 is perfectly okay for MythTV. the only two
problems I've encountered so far are the -fPIC problem (solutions have
been provided many times in this group) and the compiling problem in
goom/zoom_filter_mmx.c:63: as described by Oern Hansen in an earlier
post today (haven't yet had the time to look into this problem, I just
commented out the troublesome line). Apart from that MythTV works like a
charm on SuSE8.2. Even the sound driver provided with SuSE works perfectly.

regards, Philippe