[mythtv-users] Mythtv.9 - increased choppiness of video/ dropped frames

cmisip cmisip at insightbb.com
Tue Jun 10 21:19:47 EDT 2003

I have been trying to find out what is causing this.  I reverted to my
previous norton ghost install with the mythtv cvs version of 5/25/03 and
redhat 9 kernel version 2.4.20-13.9 thinking that it was a kernel
problem.  That mythtv cvs version works fine without the choppy video.
Still thinking it was the kernel, I installed the latest cvs version of
mythtv and reproduced the choppy video.  So it cant be the kernel.
Reverted to my norton ghost backup of last night prior to the mythtv .9
install.  Now under the kernel version 2.4.20-18.9.  The cvs version of
5/25/03 = no choppiness.  Installed mythtv current cvs (0.9) and there
the choppiness is back.  There;s gotta be something in the new mythtv
release causing this.  I have had no hardware changes at all.  All
settings are the same.  And now no apparent difference with different
kernel versions.