[mythtv-users] I'm about to give up on this entire thing...

Christian Hack christianh at pdd.edmi.com.au
Tue Jun 10 20:40:21 EDT 2003

I've only partially followed this thread, so perhaps this is not possible or
has already been tried. Have you tried driving it with the windows interface
that's available rather than under linux?

A serial port debugger would be damn useful here. We all have them here
since they can tell you one hell of a lot. We call them christmas trees
since they have green and red LEDs on them. Plugging one in to your decoder
box will tell you pretty quickly what line is driven (i.e. the transmit
line -> the receive line in the PC)

Remember you'll need a null somewhere in there. i.e. TX from the decoder box
goes to RX on the PC and vice versa.

Hope I haven't confused you more than you already were ;)

CH