[mythtv-users] Remote control (Off topic)

Fredrik Högberg usur at home.se
Tue Jun 10 11:32:44 EDT 2003

Hi!
I've set up a myth machine and are having trouble managing it.
I don't want a keyboard or mouse at my tv and i'm thinking about how i would control the tv output.
I have ssh and vnc installed but i don't know if there's a way to control another terminal.

The optimal would be if there's a way just to redirect keyboard input to the local terminal. this way i could start and kill X launch applications, log in or whatever.

Right now i'm troubleshooting black and white picture on the tv while using the svideo output and every time i'm going to try something new i have to go to the TV and bring my keyboard (i have only one) and try starting x.
I'm new to linux so there quite a lot of testing done and it would be neat if i could control everything it from the ssh client.

Does anyone know if this is doable?

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...