[mythtv-users] DCT2000, Homebrew transmitter, and the ensuing hilarity

Brian Z mythtv at ricerage.org
Mon Jun 9 19:31:22 EDT 2003

Hi all,

I've managed to put together a homegrown IR transmitter for use with my
DCT2000 cable box, smack lirc around a bit to use the aforementioned tx as
well as the receiver which came with the card (PCTV Pro), and all is
working. One little problem...

When changing channels, its about a half a second delay on the frontend to
display the tuned-to channel info that would normally accompany the
near-instantaneous change, but an additional 2-3 seconds as the
transmitter actually changes the channel. I think I'm looking for a way to
delay the time it takes mythtv to display the new channel info. That way,
it can wait for the actual tuning to "catch up". I could probably change
the tx speed in the channel changing script, but that would likely result
in a lot of missed digits (A Bad Thing).

This is probably a question best posed to the dev list, but for some
reason I'd feel guilty asking such a frivilous question. Anyone?

Thanks.