[mythtv-users] Recording programs without EPG/xmltv

karl spam8885 at icantbelieveitsnotregistered.com
Tue Jun 10 00:10:39 EDT 2003

Hi,

i've been using MythTV for the last week or so to watch live TV and it's
looking pretty spiffy... However, i'm living in Australia where we don't
seem to have an XMLTV data source and hence can't (easily) get program
guide info into the EPG.
i've been hunting around for the last week or so and haven't been able
to find any way of recording a program with MythTV by specifying time
and channel information as you would with a normal VCR -- you only seem
to be able to record programs by selecting them in the EPG (which is
empty for me)...

i'm hoping someone can put me out of my misery by answering the
following question: is it possible to record programs by specifying time
and channel information to MythTV, or do i have to use some third party
software to record?
i think a module to enable you to record programs by specifying the
time/channel info (ala normal (modern) VCRs) would just be the icing on
the cake (if, like me, you don't have electronic program guide info
available)...

BTW -- i don't suppose there is now a place to get XMLTV data for Aus? i
saw a msg saying someone had written a script but had then been told to
remove it by ebroadcast -- anyone aware of any updates on the situation
down under?

Thanks,
karl...

* Does your email lose attachments on the * RFC - Request For Coffee!  *
* gateway overnight?                      *                            *
*                                         * It takes two to network... *
* No rule to make target `sense'          *       (2b) || !(2b)        *