[mythtv-users] MythTV docs+website

Dennis Lou dlou99 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 9 00:55:02 EDT 2003

This is probably for Robert, if he maintains
the mythtv.org website.  But I'm not sure that
he does and maybe this would merit discussion.

I saw the updated info section of the website
and noticed the AIW singled out as non-suitable.
Then I noticed that the FAQ page was mostly
post-installation issues.  Then it dawned on me:
shouldn't the stuff on the FAQ be contained
in the main docs (i.e. "mythtv-HOWTO")?  Perhaps
the FAQ should contain questions geared for someone
who is still considering MythTV and reserve the main
docs for someone who has greenlighted the project.
Perhaps pull in the stuff
from Section 3, "prerequisites" either verbatim
or paraphrased and answer questions frequently
popping up on the mailing list lately, such as
"Can I run it on my Tivo?", "Can I use the TV out
on the PVR 350?", "Why doesn't anyone sell pre-made
boxes?", etc.

-Dennis