[mythtv-users] distorted picture with WinTV PCI (BT878)

Marc Gerges marc_gerges at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 8 13:21:08 EDT 2003

Dear all --

Been playing around with it for some time and having asked on IRC, I
couldn't solve following issue:

MythTV seems set up correctly. I can watch TV, change channels, sound
workd, I can pause and resume. However the TV picture is very
distorted, tinted green, shadows in it etc. Sound works alright. When I
hit the bottom of the screen, the KDE menu pops up undistorted. So it
looks like it's the recording that's wrong.

Hardware is an Athlon 2000, WinTV PCI card, Kyro II graphics card with
associated driver. We thought it could be that Myth is set to NTSC
(while I am in PAL country), but that wasn't it. NTSC distorted even
worse.

Did anybody encounter this kind of problem, and if so, where could I
start searching?

Regards,
Marc