[mythtv-users] RH 9.0 - LIRC and PVR-250 - Remote still not working.

Tako Schotanus quintesse at palacio-cristal.com
Sun Jun 8 17:19:49 EDT 2003

I never did get the lirc stuff for my PVR-250 to work, but I also had a
very old IRMan lying around which did work (and I prefer it actually
because it supports all kinds of remotes, not only the Hauppauge one).

But anyway, the problem was that my IRMan didn't want to work either
using any of the preconfigured lircd.conf files, so I decided to test
the irrecord utility (you have to stop lircd first!). And behold that
one actually did something when I pressed buttons so some data was
definitely coming in! I then continued to program the entire Hauppauge
control (I've got the useless black one).

Comparing the new lircd.conf  file with the preconfigured ones showed
they were quite different so of course I copied the new one to /etc.

And now after restarting lircd irw actually worked!

But be persistent and reboot often because I've found the performance of
lirc to be very erratic, playing around with the configuration files it
happened a lot that it would just stop working even when putting all the
files back to their originals and restarting all possible daemons and
such. (most likely somebody with more linux knowledge would have known
how to prevent a reboot, but not me ;-).

Hope this helps a bit.

Cheers,
 -Tako