[mythtv-users] RH 9.0 - LIRC and PVR-250 - Remote still not working.

Roby Adams hypykesub at bellsouth.net
Sun Jun 8 08:11:19 EDT 2003

Ok, I have tried all of the suggestions I've found via search and I still cannot get the PVR-250 remote to work with LIRC.  I have the new grey remote.

1.  I uninstalled LIRC that was installed with redhat.  (Actually I think mplayer installed it.)
2.  I updated my locate database and searced for lircd, lic_dev.0 , and lirc_i2c.o and they were not found.
3.  Downloaded the lirc snapshot of 7.0pre1 or something like that.  (The reason I did that is that when I got the regualr CVS and donwloaded and compiled it the version still said 6.6 or whatever(
4.  It compiled fine. (./setup.sh ---> Choose Hauppauge i2c--> ./configure--->make--->make install)
5. Next I loaded ivtv (It was already loaded actually) then insmod /path/to/newly/compiled/lirc_i2c - Then insmod /path/to/newly/compiled/lirc_dev no errors.
6.  Next I tried loading the newly compiled lircd (which reports 7.0pre1 as the ver) with two different config files. The one that comes with lirc for the hauppauge and the one that comes with ivtv.  Both have the same results
7.  start irw.  Does not exit to the prompt, check.  Press buttons on PVR250 remote and NOTHING!!!! argggghhh.

No messages in /var/log/lircd.  No system messages.  Lsmod shows all the correct modules loaded.  Lircd does not bomb on irw start.  The remote and cable work because I can use them in windows on the same machine.  The card is installed and works correctly because I can cap video.

So what now?  How do I download the "latest" cvs of lirc?  When I follow the instructions on www.lirc.org/cvs.html and compile I get 6.6.

Any ideas.  I've read all the posts here and I've gone throught the lirc mailing lists. (can't find a way to search it but I went through about two weeks worth of posts.)

Can someone with a pvr-250 and lirc running post the output of "ls-l |grep lirc" run in  /dev so I can check mt devices.

Any tips will be greatly appreciated.-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...