[mythtv-users] invalid cardid -1

Ralf Haller ralf at brap.de
Sat Jun 7 18:54:05 EDT 2003

Isaac Richards wrote:

>On Saturday 07 June 2003 11:09 am, Ralf Haller wrote:
>

>>Hi Isaac,
>>
>>thanks for the reply, that problem is fixed but now I ran into another:
>>

>>Won't work with the streaming interface, falling back
>>

>You told it that it was a normal capture card, not something capable of
>hardware mpeg2 encoding.  Go into setup, section 2 (Capture Cards), and
>change the card type to 'Hardware MPEG Encoder card' instead of the 'Standard
>V4L or MJPEG capture card' that it's set to now.
>
>Isaac

Damn, you're right! Strange, it was much easier to setup the system the
first time. Thanks anyway...

Since nobody answered my posting about backend and frontend on different
machines, maybe you have an idea what goes wrong. Browsing the
recordings on the frontend computer is very slow, since it takes a long
time to load the recordings The recording stream is loaded very fast and
playing a recording works too. Only switching from one item to another
is so slow. Any ideas?

Ralf