[mythtv-users] WinTV-350 & S-Video Output & other problems

Steven J. Finnegan sjf at controlsoftcorp.com
Fri Jun 6 19:21:22 EDT 2003

At 18:09 6/6/2003, you wrote:
>Did you get your ALSA problem figured out?  I was curious what the
>solution was.
>
>Matt
>
>Steven J. Finnegan wrote:
>
>>A simple question (I hope)
>>
>>Using a WinTV-PVR350, How do I enable the s-video output so playback can
>>be seen on a TV (as opposed to the computer monitor)?
>>
>>Thanks,
>>sjf
Well, I got the files downloaded from a friend, as I still can't get to the
ALSA site (my friend couldn't either this afternoon).
I believe my main problem was not "touching" the header file. Doing that
seemed to help when loading the modules (no more symbol problems), but I
would still get some kind of error during the build.

My problem now is enabling the TV output. Also, I just discovered that when
playing back, my processor usage jumps to 100% (which probably explains the
audio/video jitter. It may also explain why I can't watch live TV (hard
lockup).

Shouldn't a pentium III 750MHz machine be able to handle playback?
Especially with a PVR-350 card -- its supposed to be done in hardware!

sjf

Steven J. Finnegan, President
Controlsoft Corporation
Phone: (760) 747-5632