[mythtv-users] mythbackend segfaulting (reason unknown)

Ben Bucksch linux.news at bucksch.org
Sat Jun 7 01:13:18 EDT 2003

Ray Olszewski wrote:

> At 01:40 PM 6/6/2003 -0500, James S. White wrote:
>
>> #USER=mythtv
>> USER=root
>>
>> and the crashes went away.

 From what Isaac quoted so funnily, the reason should be obvious
(compare subject): You set the video storage dir to the home dir of your
account jeff, but account mythtv of course has no access to that (by
default). root does. Set the storage dir to something sensible and make
sure that account mythtv can access it (read/write) and it should be OK.

> I've seen mythbackend fail ugly when it cannot access a resource,
> particularly when run from an init script.

The error message that Isaac quoted were totally clear.

Ben