[mythtv-users] Streaming

Mark Edwards irish at irishmark.co.uk
Fri Jun 6 20:07:04 EDT 2003

Hi, all.
I'm a big fan of ffserver, and use it on my mythtv box when myth isn't
running, so I can listen to the radio and watch TV upstairs in a window on
my PC. I'd really like to be able to incorporate streaming into mythtv.
There could be a few ways to do this, at the minute I shut down mythbackend
and start ffserver manually, of course ffserver can pick up most file
formats and stream them, so the alternative would be just picking up the
ringbuffer.nuv file, but I'm having no luck with the nuv stuff, I guess this
may be because it's an unusual format Myth uses?

Anyother possibility would be trying to use transcode to get it into a
format that ffmpeg/server would understand. But I suspect this would put way
to much load on my allready struggling CPU.

Anyone got any pointers on this, I don't mind getting my fingers dirty, but
I'm new to python and my C is pretty rusty. I'm also fairly new to some of
the intricacies of video formats

thanks
Mark.