[mythtv-users] Live TV with DCT2000 cable box and IRBlaster...

Ray Olszewski ray at comarre.com
Fri Jun 6 11:45:23 EDT 2003

A comment and question on this.

The comment: Debian-Sid uses the name "irsend" for the program "rc". No
indication why, though in a Unix/Linux context, "rc" has another common
meaning.

The question: where does one get the Perl script? The Myth HowTo says this:

         "See contrib/channel.pl for the actual file. Copy it to
/usr/local/bin/".

Where is "contrib/channel.pl"?

(Robert - I've suggested before that this is a style problem that pervades
the HowTo -- specficiation of relative paths with insufficient context to
deduce the absolute path. In this instance, I can't even determine from
context if I should be looking for a path on my host or one on the MythTV
Web site, or perhaps even on the LIRC Web site.)

At 12:01 PM 6/6/2003 -0500, Carlos Talbot wrote:
>Calvin,
>
>I obtained this from someone on the list a while back. It's basically a c
>program to replace the shell and perl script. Just compile and install in
>your path. Make sure to update your external command path within MythTV
>setup. Since it makes usleep calls it can decress the delay between digits
>to less than a second.
[program deleted]