[mythtv-users] trouble with PVR-350, myth can't find it in setup

jasonmiller at micron.com jasonmiller at micron.com
Fri Jun 6 11:44:31 EDT 2003

Do you have v4l2 built into the kernel?

http://bytesex.org/v4l/build.html

-----Original Message-----
From: guy bayes [mailto:guy_jobs at yahoo.com]
Sent: Friday, June 06, 2003 10:31 AM
To: Discussion about mythtv
Subject: [mythtv-users] trouble with PVR-350, myth can't find it in
setup

Hi guys, thanks in advance for any help and for all
the excellent docs that have gotten me this far

I'm installing myth 8.0 on a Pentium 1.4 with a
PVR-350.

Ran through all of the preinstall and I think I have
everything set up correctly. ivtv seems to work, I can
capture static at least, I can see the 350 card on the
bus, xmltv works, etc...

Myth compiles without error or warnings really (not
even the mpegrecorder.cpp warning) however when I run
the backend setup, nothing shows up in the input
screen, no card.

I referenced the HOWTO, found this link:

http://lists.snowman.net/pipermail/mythtv-users/2003-April/002527.html

and tried the solution detailed in it. My kernel's
include/linux/include did not contain a videodev2.h so
I grabbed it from the ivtv directories.

I did not recompile the kernel though, do I need to?

thanks
Guy