[mythtv-users] WinTV-Theater ?

Dane Kantner webmaster at cmtweb.com
Fri Jun 6 12:32:57 EDT 2003

> There's no need to support surround sound in mythtv.  That's what an
external
> receiver is for.  Standard Dolby Surround (ie, prologic), is just encoded
as
> a stereo signal.

so, i can just buy any card that is sold as "dbx stereo" ...have the sound
go out my sound card as 2 channel audio to my receiver and the receiver will
do the rest?  (i guess this does make sense--my TV for instance outputs 2
channel stereo to the receiver--i think?)

i'm thinking of getting the win TV radio card...

-dane