[mythtv-users] trouble with PVR-350, myth can't find it in setup

guy bayes guy_jobs at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 6 10:30:48 EDT 2003

Hi guys, thanks in advance for any help and for all
the excellent docs that have gotten me this far

I'm installing myth 8.0 on a Pentium 1.4 with a
PVR-350.

Ran through all of the preinstall and I think I have
everything set up correctly. ivtv seems to work, I can
capture static at least, I can see the 350 card on the
bus, xmltv works, etc...

Myth compiles without error or warnings really (not
even the mpegrecorder.cpp warning) however when I run
the backend setup, nothing shows up in the input
screen, no card.

I referenced the HOWTO, found this link:

http://lists.snowman.net/pipermail/mythtv-users/2003-April/002527.html

and tried the solution detailed in it. My kernel's
include/linux/include did not contain a videodev2.h so
I grabbed it from the ivtv directories.

I did not recompile the kernel though, do I need to?

thanks
Guy