[mythtv-users] pic bad/channels off

Jeff Waters jeffwaters at wowway.com
Thu Jun 5 18:48:49 EDT 2003

On Thu, 2003-06-05 at 16:41, Ben Bucksch wrote:
> mOjO wrote:
>
> > MythTV is off by one channel.  Like if I'm watching Channel 9 then the
> > OSD and program info says its channel 10.  Also the picture is bad and
> > many channels are in black and white.
>
> IIRC, those symptoms point to the wrong frequency table. Pick the right
> one in the setup app (the standalone one).
>
> > I read the section of the How-To about "Canada-Cable" but my tuner
> > card is being detected just fine as an ATI TV Wonder which is exactly
> > what it is...
>
> "Canada-cable" is a frequency table. It has nothing to do with the model
> of your TV card.

I've had the exact same problem since I started this and finally
corrected it today. Run lsmod (in root) you should see bttv listed.
If it is do a rmmod bttv and then a insmod bttv card=xx tuner=xx and use
the card list in the /usr/src/linux/Documentation/video4linux/bttv (or
similar location, personally I did a locate bttv to find it) location to
find the card and tuner settings for your card. I had to shut down my
box pull the tv card and write down the numbers off it to find what the
tuner in it was. That will get all your channels back working/listing as
they should be. Also make sure your using the correct ntsc/pal settings.
After you've found the correct settings and have tested them with insmod
add them to your /etc/modules.conf file to make it permanent.

Hope this helps.

- Jeff "Muddy" Waters

ps. If you need file references email me I'll send what it should look
like to you.