[mythtv-users] Is this gonna be a problem for Myth?

Mark Levitt mark.levitt at ntlworld.com
Thu Jun 5 07:24:06 EDT 2003

From: "Henk Poley" <hpoley at dds.nl>
> But I *think* that the judges can't sweep te evidence of an X * thousand
> userbase who used MythTV before + source code in CVS + recordings from
> before the patent was filed. But yeah, you never know, it's America...

Two things:
1) If the patent was just granted, the chances are it was filled quite a
while ago. Possible before mythtv got started.

2) But, really, this has nothing to do with MythTV. If you read the patent,
it talks about a server at a cable head-end that streams content over a
network to individual homes.

I don't think what mythtv is doing is anything like what Microsoft has
patented.