[mythtv-users] AC97 onboard audio and nuppel video recording

Matt matt at solecize.com
Wed Jun 4 18:49:50 EDT 2003

Rob Comstock wrote:

>lspci reports the following:
>   00:07.5 Multimedia audio controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. AC97 Audio Controller (rev 50)
>
>/proc/interrupts as the following entry:
>    11:      25078          XT-PIC  eth1, via82cxxx
>
>and I believe the via82cxxx is the audio device. perhaps I am wrong? This
>being the case it looks like it shared IRQ 11 with eth1 device. Should I try
>to get away from this?

Well, via82cxxx just refers to the via chipset in general, so that may
or may not be the audio device.  I wouldn't worry about the IRQ sharing
unless you have specific knowledge that it is causing you problems.

My computer has the VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82C686 AC97 Audio
Controller (rev 50)

It did cause hard lock ups on my computer, and at least one other
person's computer before we switched to ALSA.

I would install the ALSA drivers if you're not already running them.

Matt