[mythtv-users] Myth featured on Wired

Latka latka at speakeasy.net
Wed Jun 4 15:13:28 EDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Won" <phlegm at rogers.com>
To: "Discussion about mythtv" <mythtv-users at snowman.net>
Sent: Wednesday, June 04, 2003 6:22 AM
Subject: [mythtv-users] Myth featured on Wired

> Way to go guys. Wired is running a story on myth.
> Prepare for an onslought of newbs. :)
>
> http://www.wired.com/news/technology/0,1282,59088,00.html

Prepare to be /.-ed. You might want to setup some mirrors. Congratulations
to those who've worked on this project, I just stumbled upon it, and am
going through the docs/posts right now, and I can just say I am blown away
by what I've seen. This is literally the next killer app. I am busting at
the seems to get this set up, and I bet a lot of Wired readers will be too.
This may very well lead to a big commercial push (for better or worse) for
it.

I am curious to see how TV Guide responds (either trying to break the XMLTV
feed, or condoning it).

In regards to the thread about selling STB's, here's your chance to test the
viability of this idea. I bet someone out there will try it after reading
the article.