[mythtv-users] Window focus problem with KDE & clock offset glitch?

Eni Gma enigma at thedonnerparty.com
Tue Jun 3 22:17:16 EDT 2003

grozio at buffalo.edu wrote:

><snip>
>
>Another problem I've been having is that my clock will jump ahead what
>seems to be 10-20 seconds each day, so within the few weeks since I
>have played with it last the clock has now advanced 4 minutes (which
>is a problem when catching the end of shows as they are now getting
>cut off).  The only reason I ever plug in a keyboard or have to
>restart myth front end is when I go in and reconfigure the clock.  I
>usually do this by changing to the TV guide channel and setting the
>clock to that (which locks up mythfrontend, but I kinda expect that
>because of the systems time changing).  This is why I need to restart
>mythfrontend every few weeks.

Due to the inaccuracy of computer clocks, most network-connected
machines use NTP to keep their clocks current.  You didn't provide any
details about your Linux distribution, but it almost certainly has an
NTP package (perhaps already installed), or you can compile from the
source code at http://www.ntp.org/