[mythtv-users] Re: Auto renaming .nuv files to human readable names...

Craig Longman craigl at begeek.com
Tue Jun 3 16:10:13 EDT 2003

Mark Levitt wrote:

>> So, what I'd like to do is have some script that, once the recording
>> is finished, rename the file from myth's format to something like
>> ShowTitle-Date.mpg.
>
> Doh! I just discoverd contrib/mythname.pl and mythencode.pl.
> I can't get them to connect to the database, but they seem to be
> exacly what I need...

and michael is working hard on updating mytencode.pl, and i'm working
hard on making the transcoder do most of what you want.  i won't do
renaming like you want, but it will re-encode files for you from mpeg-2
to something else, right now only mpeg-4 (converting to rtjpeg needs
work in the recorder).  i will be providing the initial patch soon that
fits my needs, converting from mpeg-2 to mpeg-4 with cutlists.  i will
then have to work on handling cases where there is no need to
decode/encode audio/video, perhaps resample audio and the various other
things people might need/expect.  i'd even like to get it so that it can
do some basic fading (both video and audio), but that might take a
while, i've been unable to find any simple cross-fading examples, i can
probably figure it out but it's not a high enough priority for me right now.

cheers,

    CraigL->Thx();