[mythtv-users] Myth music questions...

thor mythtv at lamedomainname.com
Mon Jun 2 02:09:50 EDT 2003

On Monday 02 June 2003 12:31 am, Justin Hunt wrote:
> I am still waiting for my approx 10gb's of mp3's to finish loading via a
> samba share (on 10/100 network between a 1.7ghz p4 and athlon 2400xp)  its
> been goin for well over 24 hours with the version available at the website.

	This doesn't sound quite right ....  if you know anything about mysql/SQL,
you may want to connect to the database and see if it's actually still adding
entries.

> I am wondering if i update myth music to the latest cvs, but still run myth
> 0.8 will that run...

	You could build the cvs version and then only install the libraries, but cvs
of all of Myth is pretty stable.

	The "right way" to solve this is for someone who understands the mp3 encoding
format to write a relatively tiny amount of code. If no-one else get around
to it I'll probably do it eventually.

- thor