[mythtv-users] PVR-350 S-Video records in black and white...

Desmond Rivet desmond_rivet at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 1 23:55:14 EDT 2003

Hi all,

This isn't strictly a MythTV question, but it's related, so I thought I'd
try my luck here.

I have a Scientific Atlanta (SA) Explorer 2200 for my digital cable. I
managed to install the IVTV drivers for my new PVR-350 card and I managed to
successfully cat some video from /dev/video0.

The PVR-350 has a single S-video input. If you want to use a composite
input, you must use the composite to s-video converter that comes with the
350 package.

Here's the thing: when I connect the composite output of the SA box to the
PVR-350 via the composite to s-video connector, everything seems to record
fine. I manage to get a snippet of color TV. However, when I use the s-video
output from the SA box and connect that directly into the PVR-350 card, I
can only record in black and white.  Weird.

Not sure what's going on here. I tried connecting the SA S-Video out to my
TV via the very same s-video cable that I used with the PVR-350 and the
color seems fine on my TV.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Thanks!

Desmond