[mythtv-users] had a crash while editing and can't edit that file now

Craig Longman craigl at begeek.com
Sun Jun 1 15:47:00 EDT 2003

Kirby Vandivort wrote:

>>take a look at the recorded table, ensure that the 'editing' field is
>>zero.  for some stupid reason though, when you update any field in that
>>table, the starttime field  will also be modified, so you will need to
>>set that in the same sql statement, something like:
>>
>>update recorded
>>set editing = 0, starttime = '20030508133000'
>>where chanid = 1037 and starttime = '20030508133000';
>>
>>obviously, change the chanid and starttimes where applicable.
>>

>This is happening because the 'starttime' column is the first column in
>the table that is of type 'TIMESTAMP'.  MySQL automatically updates the
>first TIMESTAMP column for a given row to the current time when a row
>changes.

hmmm, i had thought i hadn't seen that happen in oldrecorded, but a
quick test proves me wrong.  its kind of strange that the db does this,
makes it kinda tough to have a created timestamp by itself in a table.
 i would think that those fields should be changed from timestamp then
to something that can store millisecond times that mysql doesn't see fit
to change on you.  oh well, this isn't a database design list, so i
guess i'll stop there.

cheers,

    CraigL->Thx();