[mythtv-users] serial port control of Motorola/General Instruments DCT2000

Ian Forde ian at duckland.org
Sun Jun 1 12:07:41 EDT 2003

Actually, that's true is *most* cases.  But since I've got a physical
barrier between my Tivo and my cable box (3/4" block of wood), the
serial cable works fine.  It's a Sony SVR2000 (Series 1), with a
Turbonet card, and the script posted on avsforum (attached) has been run
to enable serial control from the menus.  It enables another set of menu
screens that let you turn on serial control.

So I actually am getting serial control from my Tivo...

	-Ian