[mythtv-users] ATI AIW does it work or not?

Brian Blalock bblalock at mtco.com
Sun Jun 1 10:43:36 EDT 2003

In the user mailing list archives (Subject line:  ATI AIW 7500(Tuner) ) one
user reported that the ATI AIW card (he did not specify which one) does not
work as a tuner with MythTV.

But there is one entry in the hardware database where a ATI AIW 8500 128mb is
being used as a tuner.

I also ran into one archived user mailing list message which stated that the
ATI AIW cards do not work as a video card and as a tuner at the same time
under MythTV.  I don't recall the subject line.

Is the AIW simply a pain to configure under MythTV?

I am considering getting one of the ATI AIW cards for video out, (I'll be
using a monitor, not a TV) TV tuner, and the remote.  This will be a dual
tuner system with a ATI TV Wonder (Possably the VE version) as the second
tuner.

My alternative is two ATI TV Wonders and the least expensive video card I can
find that supports X-Video.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!