[mythtv-users] thx for all the help, myth rocks, still have some bugs, but ohwell

Chris Germano netslayer at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 1 01:59:37 EDT 2003

Well I got the pvr all finished up now. Thx for everyones help. I'm still
trying to figure out some weird things.

I have not tested it much, but if I record something and watch it at the
same time for about an hr, the audio will start to become off sink, then the
video will jump to catch up. There will be some audio errors present in the
terminal and eventually my recording will just stop telling me it's
finished, well before it should be. Weird

I'm having a lot of little crashes, like kde will crash with the popup
alert, and then random segfaults will occur with myth. Also everyonce in a
while I receive the bad window error when I'm using my remote, which kills
irxevent, weird.

In terms of playback on live tv it works pretty well, but I havent tried it
to much. I'm really impressed by mythvideo now. I'm running a tbird 1.33ghz
Athlon with 512MB PC133 memory, wintv401 dbx card with btaudio and an SB
Audigy for input. I have my live tv set to MPEG4 ~4200kbps and capture at
MPEG4 ~3300kbps both at 640x480. I just changed the memory about 5 minutes
ago with another corsair 512 I had laying around so maybe it will fix
everything :-P