[mythtv-users] IR blaster ( homebrew )

Joshua Santelli santellij at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 31 19:41:17 EDT 2003

> [...] part numbers or companies or what not.  The
only
> one i'm not sure about is the IR diodes i've
> never used them before.

I'm working on this as well.  I was going to try
Blars' lirc [ http://www.blars.org/blarslirc/ ] and
the "improved" one from lirc.org.

Parts: I just ordered lots of parts from newark.com
(list below). I didn't order the IR LED, board and the
serial conn. b/c I had them.  I also ordered extra b/c
the part are cheap and I tend to just throw things
together and figure it out as I go.  I had the IR
LED's from R. Shack (#276-143) -- I hope they work.
If anyone thinks I'll have a problem with these, let
me know.

layout: I'll post the layout when(if) I get it right
but it might be a week or two.

hope that helps.

==== newark.com ====
part# (quant) part