[mythtv-users] remote FE gets jerky after channel change

Larry Matter mythtv at matter.net
Thu Jul 31 17:03:55 EDT 2003

> On Friday 18 July 2003 06:28 pm, Larry Matter wrote:
>> I have a remote Frontend client that works fine when I first start
>> watching live-tv, but after I change the channel, it gets jerky.  Not a
>> lot, but enough to be noticed.  I get only a few "Delaying to next
>> trigger" messages.  I'm using CVS from yesterday; problem also occurs in
>> 0.10.
>>
>> Exiting and returning to Live TV fixes the problem (until the next
>> channel
>> change).
>>
>> Any suggestions on how to track this down?
>
> Allright.  This _should_ be fixed in CVS.  Problem was the new audio
> output
> layer -- it wasn't pausing the audio playback for prebuffering long enough
> on
> channel changes.  Could other people verify that I've fixed this for them?

I'll try it tonight.

BTW, in trying to track it down I have noticed two problems.  One was the
jerkiness, the other was the audio/video getting out of sync.  I would
sometimes get one or both or neither which was making it hard to see if
the usepre change really helped.

Do you think this fix will help with the sync issue as well?

Larry