[mythtv-users] Can MythWeather patch in CVS be applied to MythTV 0.10? Getting MythWeather: Invalid Area or Fatal Error

Steve B. steve at browsermedia.com
Thu Jul 31 18:17:53 EDT 2003

I have used rpms to install MythTV on my Redhat 9 system. (Thanks, Axel, I could not get pre-requisites to install on earlier attempts....you saved me the headache)

The current MythWeather RPM - I believe - suffers from the issue reportedly fixed on the mythtv-dev list:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/perl/mailarc/gforum.cgi?post=72968

Basically, I keep getting "MythWeather: Invalid Area or Fatal Error" while on the fronend screen it says, "!!! 3 Failed Attempts !!! Waiting 5 minutes."

Can the fix submitted to CVS be applied to 0.10 to fix this issue as well?

TIA,

Steve B.