[mythtv-users] Re: Hardware MPEG2 encdoder really worth it?

matt SyOp at Reigm.Com
Thu Jul 31 16:03:58 EDT 2003

    MPEG4 is an interly different from MPEG2.  You can not simply
upgrade a MPEG2 hardware compression board with a firmware update and
have mpeg4 compression.  If you want, there is a MPEG4 hardware
compression board out there, with linux drivers.
http://www.viewcast.com/products/osprey/osprey220_divx.html
But since it was never desgined for this purpos it is unlikly to work
with MythTV.
And for $300 I am unwilling to try.  But if you wana give it a go...
Just don't complain to me when it fails miserably.
Matt