[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase problems

Paul Peltz, Jr. peltz at cs.utk.edu
Thu Jul 31 15:24:42 EDT 2003

This is the first time I've tried to use MythTV and I am now having
problems running mythfilldatabase and mythsetup.  I get the following
error message when running them:

root at farscape /usr/share/mythtv #
mythfilldatabase                                                                 QSqlDatabase warning: QMYSQL3 driver not loaded
QSqlDatabase: available drivers: QODBC3
QSqlDatabase warning: QMYSQL3 driver not loaded
QSqlDatabase: available drivers: QODBC3
Unable to connect to database!
No error type from QSqlError?  Strange...
couldn't open db

I am running gentoo and have qt and mysql in my useflags, so the
qt-mysql stuff should have been compiled in.  Any more information I can
provide?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul

--
Paul L. Peltz, Jr.