[mythtv-users] Sound problem when changing input sources.

Obrien, Haskell W. obrienh at more.net
Thu Jul 31 10:38:39 EDT 2003

Howdy.
Using mythtv-0.10/ on a P4 machine, running Mandrake 9.1, Intel AC'97 Audio.
ATI TV-Wonder (Not VE)
And ALSA, I believe.

from /etc/modules.conf
alias sound-slot-0 i810_audio
alias char-major-81 bttv
options bttv card=63 tuner=2 radio=0

I've got mythtv running on a normal monitor/keyboard setup for the moment.
Cable TV is connected to the RF in, and Directv is connected to the Compositein/RCA sound in on the single card.

If I press 'c' to change the input source while watching live tv, it happily changes between cable and Sat with no problem.  If I schedule a recording from Sat it records the sounds from the tv channel on RF, and the video from the Sattelite.

The confusing part is that it works while watching normal TV.

Will