[mythtv-users] xbox frontend

Allen T. Gilliland IV alleng4 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 30 09:08:18 EDT 2003

yup ... I tried using gentoox on my xbox at first and
had the same exact problem ... it just didn't run
mythfrontend very well.  I switched to debian and
everything is great now ... I can playback mpeg4
640x480 @ 4400 kb/s with no problems :)

I think the main problem is the video fb driver.
Gentoox only used the vesafb, which has no 2d
acceleration.  With Ed's Debian you can choose to use
the rivafb, which is a much better driver.  Thats what
I use and it works flawless.

Definitely try switching to debian.

-- Allen