[mythtv-users] Mythmusic and RealJukebox

Dan Conti dconti at acm.wwu.edu
Tue Jul 29 19:21:33 EDT 2003

Yes, i know, but the point was that not everybody follows the specs to the
letter, which is relatively obvious at this stage - if myth followed the
specs perfectly, and real followed them perfectly, then this problem
wouldn't happen.

The second point is that it makes more sense to make an effort to support
different content than it does to force people to retag their files. There's
already metadata in there, somewhere - the issue should be fixed (and i
offered to help) instead of worked around.

On your other point, yes, i agree it would be cool to check out cover art.
It'd be cool to have it external to the actual content for all formats -
real's approach to packaging cover art is a waste if you are dealing with
whole albums.