[mythtv-users] Mythmusic and RealJukebox

Ian Forde ian at duckland.org
Tue Jul 29 17:12:06 EDT 2003

Hey all -

I've been using MythMusic for quite a while and was never able to figure
out why it accepted the id3 tags on most of my mp3 files but not on some
others.  It turns out that when I did my original cd-rip from my CDs,
some of them were done with RealJukebox, whose id3 tags mythmusic
apparently does *NOT* like.  Here's a sample of a file that it liked,
followed by one that made it into the Unknown/Unknown (and ultimately
unplayable) category:

coruscant# id3info 10\ -\ Saturday\ Night\ and\ Sunday\ Morning.mp3
*** Tag information for 10 - Saturday Night and Sunday Morning.mp3
=== TIT2 (Title/songname/content description): Saturday Night and Sunday
Morn
=== TPE1 (Lead performer(s)/Soloist(s)): Phil Collins
=== TALB (Album/Movie/Show title): But Seriously
=== TRCK (Track number/Position in set): 10
=== TCON (Content type): (17)
*** mp3 info
MPEG1/layer III
Bitrate: 128KBps
Frequency: 44KHz

coruscant# id3info 11\ -\ Father\ To\ Son.mp3
*** Tag information for 11 - Father To Son.mp3
=== GEOB (General encapsulated object): (RealJukebox:Metadata)[]:
binary, 1394 bytes
=== TIT2 (Title/songname/content description): Father To Son
=== TPE1 (Lead performer(s)/Soloist(s)): Phil Collins
=== TALB (Album/Movie/Show title): But Seriously
=== TRCK (Track number/Position in set): 11
=== TCON (Content type): (17)
*** mp3 info
MPEG1/layer III
Bitrate: 48KBps
Frequency: 44KHz

So other than reripping these files (which I've spent most of today
doing, unfortunately) is there any other way around this?

	-Ian

--
                       Ian Forde, RHCE, CCSE, SCNA, SCDME
                       ian at duckland.org / ian at cytben.com