[mythtv-users] worlds smallest pc

Steve Davidson buzzdat1 at comcast.net
Tue Jul 29 10:27:57 EDT 2003

IMHO, a nice little box, but it does have a couple of shortcomings:
First, it has no PCI slots; this limits your expansion options quite a
bit (the Pundit has two slots).  It has no DVI connector (if that
matters to you).

It also apparently suffers from heat problems: I can leave my Pundit on
for days in a closed cabinet and it's still just warm to the touch.
This is the case now, it's been in the mid-90's to over 100 for the last
week, Pundit's been on for 4 days and its just warm.  Of course, I don't
have a hard drive or CD in mine, both of which are major heat producers.

Besides, the thing is just butt-ugly (IMHO) <g>.

That said, it DOES have some nice features that I wish the Pundit had
included:

	* SPDIF connector on BACK of case (grr)
	* Realtek RTL8139A based NIC (ie: NOT broadcom)

If anyone does pick one of these up for a front-end, my lightweight
distro should work fine in it.

== Steve