[mythtv-users] irxevents with mythgame/xmame

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Tue Jul 29 10:31:45 EDT 2003

Hmmm, I don't know anything about the xmame internals, but I suppose it's
entirely possible that the input method is completely divorced from the
output method.  That is, .x11 or .SDL may represent the screen output
method, but the input may simply grab the keyboard.  If that's the case,
irxevent will not work in any case.  The only hope, then, would be if xmame
could be built with LIRC support, but I doubt it would have it as most
people wouldn't have a need.

On a side note, has anybody gotten a plain old analog joystick to work with
the ALSA drivers?  I can get the buttons working but get no response from
axis movement with 2 different joysticks and 2 different soundcard game
ports.

-JAC