[mythtv-users] G400 DH

Matt matt at solecize.com
Tue Jul 29 03:07:34 EDT 2003

McIntyre, Kevin wrote:

>Finally figured out how to clone the monitor and tv.

You figured it out but it isn't working?  What do you mean when you say
that you figured it out?

>Question 1:  My monitor is on the top VGA output on the card.  Does this
>matter?

If your card is the same as mine, then that would be the standard setup.
 TV adapter on the second output if I remember correctly.

>Question 2:  Video doesn't appear on my TV (yet appears on the monitor).
>
>	Is this a configuration issue with:
>
>	a) XF86Config

Unlikely, if X is working on the monitor then your config should be ok.

>	b) MythTV issue

Myth can't be the root of the problem.  However, Myth does require the X
graphics and Xvideo acceleration to be working.

>	c) Init Modules

Not sure what you mean here.  I'm gonna assume that you recompiled your
kernel with the mga.o module and that it is functional

>	d) Matroxset set issues
>
>	i.e.
>	matroxset -f /dev/fb1 -m 0
>	matroxset -f /dev/fb0 -m 3
>	matroxset -f /dev/fb0 -o 1 2

Those should be correct, they are the same commands that I'm using in
conjunction with fbset

>And feedback would be appreciated.

We may need some more information to help you.

Is the framebuffer device working? (do you see the penguin at boot up?)

Do you have TV out working at all? Can you get a text terminal to come
up on the TV?

If you get some output, but it looks like garbage, you probably need to
tweak the framebuffer with fbset.