[mythtv-users] Advice

Dane Kantner webmaster at cmtweb.com
Mon Jul 28 23:56:25 EDT 2003

> > 1.  The cheapest tv-out solution I could find would be the chaintech gf2
> > 440mx for around 50$ from newegg.  which i've heard mentioned here a few
> > times. is this card going to produce a decent tv-out signal? and is it
> > naturally supported by xv?
>
> All recent Nvidia cards give you good TV-out.

Also, don't discount a scan convertor.  I got one on ebay for $30-40.  Its
marvelous.  Gives me total control over scaling and overscan--no need to
fuss with drivers.  It has on screen display for configuration of all of the
options--very simple to get right.  Also, the quality of a good scan
converter is most likely better than the quality of the average video card
TV-out.  For MythTV, I'm not sure how much this matters (as its made to show
on a TV anyway)--however, you might like it better for seeing smaller text.
-dane