[mythtv-users] Asus Pundit vs. Shuttle XPC SK41G

Max max-mythtv-users at lasevich.net
Mon Jul 28 11:56:49 EDT 2003

Just finished basic install on Pundit (Pundit / PVR250) -All and all it was
pretty painless (about 4 hours), however a major gotcha is that there are no
NIC drivers in stock RH9 install disks. A simple workaround is to use a
standard pcmcia NIC for installation and kernel upgrade, then install the
Broadcom drivers.

There is still a question of how functional SPDIF is and as far as I know,
flash media reader is not supported.

Video out (I am using S-Video) is pretty clear. Much better than my GeForce2
card's

I took off the stand and put the unit on it's side (fan up) and it looks
really nice on top of Sony DTivo (also silver), except the blue power light
is a bit too bright for my taste.

-M