[mythtv-users] bttv driver & Aver Studio TV Tuner

Saravanan Subbiah saravanan_subbiah at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jul 28 03:31:20 EDT 2003

I have tried everything I can to make AverStudio and Myth TV work for
the past 1 week.

With bttv 0.7.107 driver it simply won't work. Most of the time the
screen comes blank. Some lucky times that it comes up, I find that on a
couple of channel changes mythtv freezes. The back end keeps on printing
VIDIOCSYNC0: Invalid argument
VIDIOCSYNC1: Invalid argument

But 0.7 works well with xawtv.

With bttv 0.9.12 driver, the driver itself locks up most of the time on
channel change. Mythtv come up "most" of the time without the blank
screen phenomenon but either locks the driver in a couple of channel
change (and I have to go thru a rmmod + modprobe sequence) or gets back
to printing VIDIOSYNC error !!

Now I am seriously thinking if anyone has a working AverTV + bttv +
MythTV combo, if so can you please share the secret. 'coz I am losing it
!!

-Saravanan

PS : Just to add that I have tried gbuffers option, sloppy option etc.
but in vain.