[mythtv-users] Re:btaudio works under sox but not MythTV

NICHOLAS ALLEN HALL nhall at students.wisc.edu
Sun Jul 27 15:17:33 EDT 2003

Thanks for the help everyone. I feel stupid but at least got btaudio to function by changing the capture card to use /dev/dsp1 (my digital capture device) as suggested by several people. Now I have a related problem however:

When I go to watch TV, the audio comes out high-pitched, like a chipmunk. Now, I've searched the MythTV mailing list trying to figure out how to fix this and have tried everything previously posted but have not gotten it working yet. I realize it has something to do with the sampling rate. This is how I have it set up:

In MythTV's "setup" program, in the capture card setting underneath where I set /dev/dsp1, I have Audio sampling rate limit set to 32000, which I believe should be what my capture card returns audio at. I've also checked the mythconverg database and that value is in there properly. I've tried changing this but all settings result in a high pitch (although higher ones seem to make the audio even higher pitched).

In the mythfrontend TV recording setup, the sampling rate is set to 32000. I've tried changing it to other settings but they do not help.

In modules.conf I've added the line:

options btaudio debug=2 digital=1 analog=0 rate=32000

to force btaudio to that rate. If I change the rate I can seem to get the audio to go --higher-- but cannot get it to approach the proper pitch.

Does anyone have any further suggestions? Thanks again for any help,

Nick