[mythtv-users] RE:Hauppauge Freestyle

Nathan Poznick poznick at conwaycorp.net
Sun Jul 27 12:39:30 EDT 2003

Thus spake Britt Ethan Houser:
> Can anyone recommend a good remote+receiver to use with Myth-TV if I go
> this route?

I ended up building a serial lirc receiver from parts I got at radio
shack (soldering required, but I'm pretty bad at it and still managed to
get it together and working).  I can provide the list of radioshack part
numbers and a link to the instructions, if anyone wants them.  I'm just
using the remote from my old magnavox vcr (since my universal remote
didn't seem to want to play completely nice for some reason).

--
Nathan Poznick <poznick at conwaycorp.net>

Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being
governed by those who are dumber. -- Plato