[mythtv-users] Re:btaudio works under sox but not MythTV

Gregorio Gervasio, Jr. gtgj at pacbell.net
Sat Jul 26 19:48:13 EDT 2003

>>>>> On Sat, 26 Jul 2003 19:49:22 -0500, NICHOLAS ALLEN HALL <nhall at students.wisc.edu> said:

n> Yes, the MythTV setup is pointed to /dev/dsp1. If I run dmesg | grep btaudio I get:
n> btaudio: driver version 0.7 loaded [digital]
n> btaudio: Bt878 (rev 2) at 01:06.1. irq:4, latency: 32, mnio: 0xde001000
n> btaudio: using card config "default"
n> btaudio: registered device dsp1 [digital]

n> So it seems btaudio is using dsp1 just fine.

n> When I run mythfrontend, I get on the console (after I go to Watch TV):

n> Changing from None to WatchingLiveTV
n> Opening OSS audio device '/dev/dsp1'.
n> audio device cannot report buffer state accurately.
n> audio/video sync will be bad, continuing anyway

        The btaudio device is for input only.  Your frontend audio
output device needs to be /dev/dsp.  (Set this in the mythfrontend
Setup->General menu.)

        Also, you probably need to set the backend input device
sampling rate limit to 32000.  This is in the "setup" program's
Capture cards menu (use the left/right arrow keys).
--
Gregorio Gervasio, Jr.
gtgj at pacbell.net