[mythtv-users] Mythtv and MAME and a remote

Dave Waller dwaller at charter.net
Fri Jul 25 11:24:32 EDT 2003

I had a thought about merging Myth-tv and MAME and some clever remote
gizmo that looked like a 3Com Audrey which would be truely universal.

Then I thought about the real implications of combining a TiVo a
Playstation and a remote that could be anything from a keyboard to a
game controler to a universal remote for all the other parts of a home
theater and be pretty intelegent as well posible providing its own video
output.

I mean all you have to do to an Audrey (aside from changing its name) is
add the game controler buttons, ditch QNX for Linux, add a USB infa-red
transmitter, add a WiFi network interface, make some screens......
VIOLA super smart universal remote with sound in/out.

Adding MAME would be nearly trivial if not already done.

Usually when I think that I am truely clever I am wrong and someone else
has beaten me to the punch.  Has this been thought of before?

Dave Waller